Monday 11 June 2012

General Chemistry: The Essentials Concepts, 5th edition

General Chemistry: The Essentials Concepts, 5th edition By Raymond Chang
2008 | 836 Pages | ISBN: 0073048518 | PDF | 42 MB

In this fifth edition of General Chemistry: The Essential Concepts, I have continued the tradition of presenting only the material that is essential to a one-year general chemistry course. As with previous editions, I have included all the core topics that are necessary for a solid foundation in general chemistry without sacrificing depth, clarity, or rigor. 
General Chemistry covers these topics in the same depth and at the same level as 1100-page texts. Therefore, this book is not a condensed version of a big text. I have written it so that an instructor can cover 95 percent of the content, instead of the two-thirds or three-quarters that in my experience is typical of the big books. My hope is that this concise-but-thorough approach will appeal to efficiency-minded instructors and will please value conscious students. The responses I have received from users over the years convince me that there is a strong need for such a text.


No comments:

Post a Comment